Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mindy Gledhill Video

So I wrote to Mindy to tell her that I love her music and would love to make her a vintage inspired dress someday. (BTW totally out of character) So she politely wrote back and we tenatively agreed to try to get together the next time she is in AZ. Well one day in Nov she emails and says that she will be in town for her show a that week and can I make her something for her new video "Whole Wide World" that she's shooting on Sat. Can I??? After a lot of back and forth though email and phone I designed her a skirt sight unseen and met her at her hotel for a fitting. After, of course, going to her concert which was FABULOUS! She also needed 2 matching skirts for Mini Mindys, Nies' little girls Jane and Claire. What an adventure! I can't wait to see the video.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Do any local stores still carry your work? I bought a couple dresses for my daughter at Chicky Bella in Gilbert (when it was still a brick-and-mortar), and just loved them. I still do, and happily had another little girl, so those two dresses are patiently waiting in the corner of her closet for her to get big enough to wear them. I'd love to see what you're doing these days! Nicole from Tradewind Tiaras